News and Rescues
- Published on Tuesday, 03 December 2013 08:22
McMurdo is pleased to announce its support for Team Atlantic Splash ahead of the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Rowing Challenge which began on 2nd December 2013. The world leading manufacturer of marine safety equipment has supplied the team with a McMurdo Smartfind G5 EPIRB along with three Fast Find 220 PLB, COSPAS-SARSAT* distress beacons.
McMurdo awarded a €2.5m contract for the supply of on-water tracking buoys to Thalos for the fishing industry
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 08:22
McMurdo has been awarded a contract valued approximately 2.5 million euros from Thalos SAS, for the supply of tuna fish aggregating device (FAD) tracking buoys. This new contract, signed one month after receiving an order of €4m from CLS, represents another demonstration of the potential of McMurdo’s ’Partner Solutions’ OEM strategy.
- Published on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 08:15
McMurdo will be exhibiting the Smartfind M5 AIS Class A Transponder at this year’s Marine Equipment Trade Show (METS) in Amsterdam, as part of McMurdo’s new range of AIS products that reflect its excellence in innovation and advancement in marine technology.
- Published on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 08:12
McMurdo will be displaying its pioneering Smartfind M15 Automatic Identification System (AIS) Receiver at this year’s Marine Equipment Trade Show (METS) in Amsterdam, on stand 03.405. Designed for recreational vessels, using a computer with AIS-capable navigation software, it receives AIS messages so it can see other AIS equipped vessels within VHF range and can assist with collision avoidance.
- Published on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 08:10
McMurdo will be exhibiting the Smartfind S20 Personal Automatic Identification System (AIS) MOB device at this year’s Marine Equipment Trade Show (METS) in Amsterdam.
- McMurdo exhibits Smartfind M10 AIS Class B Transponder
- McMurdo wins contract worth almost 4 million euros with CLS, subsidiary of the CNES (National Centre for Space Research) and Ifremer for the design and supply of positioning and data collection beacons for fishing vessels
- McMurdo launches Smartfind M10 AIS Class B Transponder
- McMurdo supports UK sailor Pippa Hare with its world-leading safety equipment
- McMurdo and Techno-Sciences, Inc., Announce the mSAR Mobile Search and Rescue Command System for Military, Government and Emergency Customers
- McMurdo Expands 406MHz Beacon Solution Offering with Embeddable OEM Options for Military and Government Applications
- Safety At Sea: Transpac Race Crew Equipped With McMurdo Smartfind S20 Survivor Recovery System
- Two brothers rescued seperately on the same hunting trip in Fiordland, New Zealand
- McMurdo extends its beacon portfolio with the new Smartfind S20 Personal AIS Beacon
- McMurdo widens its AIS equipment range with the launch of the Smartfind M15 AIS Receiver
- McMurdo appoints Navicom as French leisure market distributor for its range of distress beacons and marine electronics
- McMurdo widens its range with the Smartfind M5 AIS Class A Transponder
- Walkers rescued from storm-lashed Scottish Mountain after activating their Fast Find PLB
- McMurdo Named Safety and Rescue Products Partner For 2013 Atlantic Cup
- Orolia launches new business unit dedicated to delivering integrated solutions to the global maritime market
- Lost Hunter rescued from remote New Zealand region
- McMurdo Fast Find 220 PLB To Be Featured At 2013 Miami International Boat Show
- Fast Find 210 Aids In Rescue Of Injured Backpackers Near Big Pine Mountain
- Woman Tramper rescued from Mount Taranaki, New Zealand after breaking her ankle
- McMurdo EPIRB distress beacon leads to rescue of injured couple in the Pacific Ocean