At A Glance
- Internationally Approved
- Transmits on 406 and 121.5MHz
- High performance multi-channel integral GPS giving a typical location accuracy of less than +/- 62 m (Plus version)
- Non hazardous battery for safe and easy transportation
- Unique CARRYSAFE bracket available for safe transportation
- High brightnessLED flashing locator light
- 60 comprehensive diagnostic and self-tests during battery life
- Once activated, will transmit for a minimum of 48 hours
- 6 year battery life
- 5 year warranty
Meeting the demands of both commercial mariners and recreational boaters, the new McMurdo SMARTFIND Plus heralds the arrival of the next generation in EPIRB technology incorporating with a high performance multi-channel integral GPS giving a typical location accuracy of less than +/- 62 m for enhanced position location and is supplied with a SOLAS approved Auto Float Free Housing.
G5 SMARTFIND is a 406 MHz EPIRB designed to operate with the COSPAS-SARSAT international search and rescue system with the addition of an integral 12 channel GPS receiver.
The Auto Float Free Housing meets SOLAS requirements and will automatically deploy the EPIRB when submerged to a depth lower than 2 - 4metres in the sea.
The addition of a GPS receiver to the EPIRB ensures that the exact position of a casualty is relayed to the rescue services. This can in turn improve the speed of recovery by updating the position of the beacon at regular intervals.